There is only one favorite pancake place on my list. It’s been there since I was a kid, some 20 years ago.
Don’t get me wrong, there are some great family restaurants to visit in New Jersey when you have kids. But nothing compares to a have a favorite pancake place!
First, let’s get into what makes a great place for a family to go and dine.
Top 5 things to Look for When Searching for a Family Restaurant
I look for several key ingredients before choosing where to have a great family dining experience:
- Kid’s Menu – it should have the ability to be colored all over. No Kid’s menu, then move to the next thing.
- Great Google Reviews – if a restaurant doesn’t have a 4.5 from other parents on Google, then that restaurant needs to up the family dining experience that they’re dishing out. No mom wants to go somewhere that other moms simply don’t trust or have nothing good to say about.
- No Fancy Shmancy! – if the place looks fancy, things are bound to get broken or worse thrown at someone across the room. Best to keep the fancy dining for date nights.
- No Attire Restrictions – the number one thing my husband and I love to wear is our most athletic outfits to dinner with the kids. That’s because we know we’ll have a bunch of bathroom visits, bending to pick up crayons, chasing the kids to sit back down, and motioning for the check as quickly as possible.
- Lots of Floor Space and Big Tables – we are a family of 6, but I remember being a family of 4, and there’s no difference. You still need all that room to maneuver.
Be sure to click HERE to read what some of the other top things to look for in a family restaurant are.
The Favorite Pancake Place
Sure, IHOP (International House of Pancakes) is a great go-to if you’re not too keen on trying new places, but my husband and I are what we call Foodies. To be a foodie as a parent requires a great deal of patience and creativity when picking the right places to dine in as a family of six. Enter the smallest and biggest Pancake house we’ve ever been to — Country Pancake House and Restaurant!
Sure it looks small on the outside and when you get inside you’ll start to wonder, “What the heck was Kim thinking when she thought to recommend this place!”
Truth be told, it is a bit small and at the same time, the pancakes are double the average size, the plates of food are always overly full and to boot, the sides are delicious!
If you’re looking for the best bang for your buck, a place where the kids can be loud and loved for it, and where you’ll be treated like you’re at your grandma’s breakfast table during Sunday Brunch, then this place is for you!
A family affair and good food at affordable prices — I love it! And so with great pleasure, I recommend to all of my New Jersey brethren as well as the tri-state area if ever you come for a visit, to take a little adventure in Ridgewood, where you’ll find the beloved Country Pancake House and Restaurant.
You can check out Atomic Mommy’s Guide to NJ’s Top 10 Family Restaurants by clicking below
Be sure to visit New Jersey’s Traffic Advisory page during Covid-19 for any travel restrictions.