by Troop Atomic Mommy
This post contains affiliate links. Learn more about affiliate links by reading our Affiliate Disclaimer page HERE.
There is only one favorite pancake place on our list. It’s been there since for a really long time.
Don’t get us wrong, there are some really great breakfast restaurants to visit in New Jersey when you have kids. But nothing compares to having a favorite pancake place!
First, let’s get into what makes a great place for a family to go and dine.
Top 5 things to Look for When Searching for a Family Restaurant
We look for several key ingredients before choosing where to have a great family dining experience:
- Kid’s Menu – it should have the ability to be colored all over. No Kid’s menu, then move to the next thing.
- Great Google Reviews – if a restaurant doesn’t have a 4.5 from other parents on Google, then that restaurant needs to up the family dining experience that they’re dishing out. No parent wants to go somewhere that other parents simply don’t trust or have nothing good to say about.
- No Fancy Shmancy! – if the place looks fancy, things are bound to get broken or worse, thrown at someone across the room. Best to keep the fancy dining for date nights.
- No Attire Restrictions – the number one thing parents love to wear is our most athletic outfits to dinner with the kids. That’s because we know we’ll have a bunch of bathroom visits, bending to pick up crayons, chasing the kids to sit back down, and motioning for the check as quickly as possible.
- Lots of Floor Space and Big Tables – kids need a ton of space when dining out. Whether it’s for toys, extra snacks (for the food wait), or other kid gear, a lot of floor space and table space lets you have the room you need to maneuver around.
Be sure to download Atomic Mommy’s Guide on Where to Eat
The Favorite Pancake Place
Sure, IHOP (International House of Pancakes) is a great go-to if you’re not too keen on trying new places, but we at Atomic Mommy are what we call Foodies. To be a foodie requires a great deal of patience and creativity when picking the right places to dine out as a family. Enter the smallest and biggest Pancake house we’ve ever been to — Country Pancake House and Restaurant!
Sure it looks small on the outside and when you get inside you’ll start to wonder, “What the heck were they thinking when they thought to recommend this place!”
Truth be told, it is a bit small and at the same time, the pancakes are double the average size, the plates of food are always overly full and to boot, the it is all delicious!
If you’re looking for the best bang for your buck, a place where the kids can be loud and loved for it, and where you’ll be treated like you’re at your grandma’s breakfast table during Sunday Brunch, then this place is for you!
A family affair and good food at affordable prices — we love it! And so with great pleasure, I recommend to all of our New Jersey brethren as well as anyone visiting the Tri-State area, come take a little adventure in Ridgewood, where you’ll find the beloved Country Pancake House and Restaurant.
Don’t Miss a Beat…