by Troop Atomic Mommy
UPDATED: November 7, 2021
This post contains affiliate links. To learn more about affiliate links, read our Affiliate Disclaimer HERE.
If you like free stuff, then this is the post for you! Do you have a bunch of great or mildly worn items tucked in your basement? Wanna get rid of those old tools to make room for new ones? Do you have toys that your kids don’t play with anymore?
Maybe you need a new tea set or a circuit bicycle. Perhaps, the children need a new desk or dresser. Or maybe, you’re looking for a patio refresh?
These days, saving money is considered trendy. So, why not learn one of the best ways to save a few bucks while also gaining a few amazing items in your treasure trunk?
Enter our favorite parent hack — The Freecycle Network — a non-profit community of people just like you and me looking to give stuff away and if you’re willing to search the site, people can opt-in to receive that free stuff!
This isn’t your run of the mill recommendation. We’ve actually used this site on more than one occasion.
What Can You Find or Give Away on Freecycle
- Furniture (old and new, used and not used)
- Electronics (TVs, Computers, Monitors, etc)
- Exercise Equipment (Treadmills, Weights, Circuit Bicycles, etc)
- Toys and Board Games
- Clothes and Shoes (women, men, children, infants)
- Storage Equipment (bins, shelves, file cabinets, etc)
- Tools (power tools, battery operated, hand used, etc)
- Masonry (bricks, cinder blocks, tile, etc)
- Hardware and Lumber
- Lawn and Gardening Equipment (seeds, potters, mowers, etc)
- Books and Music
The list just keeps on going! There are so many items to find and so much that can be given away, of course after you’ve mastered decluttering.
How to Join Freecycle
This part is easy. It’s free to join. They have locations as groups. You choose which locations you want to be a part of. The admin for each group will review and give you access. There are literally locations around the entire country.
Gaining access to each group is quick. You simply click “Join Group” and once you’re access, that’s it. You can begin your searching of free items or your posting of items to giveaway. It really is that simple.
Take a gander and check out the stuff listed — We guarantee you’ll be shocked by the items you find and the condition you find them in.
Don’t Miss a Beat…
Read More Posts Here
- How To Stay Injury-Free When Starting A New Exercise Routine
- The Benefits To Knowing Your Homocysteine Levels
- Health Risks That Every Woman Should Understand
- Tips For Hosting An Unforgettable Dinner Party
- Kona Coffee Is The World’s Best Coffee And Here’s Why!
- 5 DIY Treats To Appease Fussy Eater Kids