The effort it takes to deal with dry skin can only be understood by someone who goes through it. Not only does the makeup look caky and rough, but the skin also feels irritable, itchy and flakey which is quite uncomfortable. If you are the one suffering from dry skin condition, we would recommend you to follow these basic steps to improve your skin condition.
No Hot Water Showers
Hot water showers are like an enemy for dry skin because hot water takes away the natural oil from the body which is necessary for keeping it hydrated. It is recommended to bath with lukewarm water and also your bath time limit should not exceed 10-15 minutes because the longer you are under shower there are more chances of drying out natural oils.
Gentle soaps and cleansers
A person having dry skin should never use harsh chemical based cleansers which promises to deep cleanse. Instead mild fragrance free, non-anti-bacterial and gentle soaps or cleansers should be used. Ceramide based cleansers are also useful for dry skin as they have the property to lock the moisturizer in the skin.
Say no to alcohol based products
Any alcohol based product whether it’s a cleanser, toner, scrub or a makeup settler is strictly not for dry skin. Alcohol is known for its ability to take the moisture away and dries out the skin.
Scrubbing might irritate the skin
For dry skin holders scrubbing might not be an ideal thing as by deep cleansing it takes the natural moisture away and can make the skin irritable. Experts recommend to use a scrub only once a week. Using peels, chemical exfoliates and even harsh scrubs can make a dry skin worse or even can cause damage.
Sun protection is a must
SPF is a must-use for all skin types, but for dry skin, it is a necessity. Sun rays, high temperatures and heat can damage the dry skin if there is no barrier of SPF on it. One should always wear a sunscreen and should cover up their skin to protect it from premature aging.
The importance of a moisturizer is like an essential item of life. Buy a thick moisturizer with loads of hydrating properties and use it day and night. A moisturizer works best when used on a little damp skin plus it should immediately be used after a bath. While moisturizing your face and neck do not forget your hands, feet and overall body.
Lips need hydration as much as any other part pf the body. To avoid chapped and cracked lips do not forget to hydrate your lips with a good lip balm.
If you want to see a miraculous change in your skin condition, try using facial oils. There are many facial oils available and each one serves its own purpose. Select an oil of you preference and massage it gently at night before using a moisturizer.
Dry skin starts from within. Removing toxic products from your facial skincare routine can help alleviate the symptoms, but the best method of reviving dry skin is to start eating cleaner and exercising. Your natural glow, moisture, and fresh feeling skin will only return when you embark on a 360 degree routine of skin care.
Read Our Other Article Eat Right, Feel Amazing to get a better idea of the foods you should be eating.
Never Miss Out! Subscribe to our Blog Today
- 4 Issues Stopping Quality Time With Your KidsSponsored Are you worried that the time with your kids is passing you by? Perhaps you’re scared that you’re simply not finding ways to get enough quality time with them? Read this quick guide on possible issues causing this feeling and the steps to help you get through it. #1 Divorce First, it is worth […]
- 4 Tips For Maintaining Your Health And Well-BeingSponsored Your health and well-being matter a great deal and will impact how you function and feel. You must make yourself a priority if you’re going to stay well and have the energy to take care of the ones you love. There are four tips, in particular, that will help you better maintain your health […]
- 3 Quick Tips | Improve Your Baby’s Sleepby Jen Cuttriss | Jen is a Certified Baby and Toddler Sleep Specialist, Registered Nurse and a mother of three. She started Sleep Thrive Grow Consulting to continue her passion of sleep and empower families through her knowledge and coaching services. She loves nothing more than to take away the overwhelm and any second guessing […]
- Bedtime Stories | A Dad’s Tale On Their ImportanceBy Richard Shore | A Children’s Book Author Richard Shore, a father of two children, was born and raised by the sea in Sussex, UK, and moved to Ireland in 2009. Having a passion for reading bedtime stories to his children, he combined his own love for the sea, outdoors and writing, and decided to create […]
- Busy Mompreneur? | 4 Tips to Fit Yoga Into Your DayYoga Lifestyle Tips for Busy Moms and Businesswomen Every busy mompreneur deserves time to exercise, stay healthy, and get some stress-relief. Yoga is just the workout to get you there! Here are some ways you can fit yoga into your schedule. Do yoga at home If you’re a woman with many responsibilities, taking lessons at […]