by Troop Atomic Mommy
Having trouble fitting yoga into your busy day?
Every busy mompreneur deserves time to exercise, stay healthy, and get some stress-relief. Yoga is just the workout to get you there! Here are some ways you can fit yoga into your schedule.
Do yoga at home
If you’re a woman with many responsibilities, taking lessons at a yoga studio can be difficult. You have to work around their class schedule, figure out a way to get there, allow extra time to change your clothes, set up your mat, pay for the class etc. You might be going straight after work, in which case you need to make sure you have all the necessary clothing and equipment packed before you leave the house. If you’re a mom, you likely need to arrange childcare.
Thankfully, these days there are many online resources that make yoga more accessible. You can book a live class, practice along with a YouTube tutorial, or use your favorite yoga app. It saves you a lot of time and a lot of hassle. Depending on the resource, it may even save you some money!
Short and sweet yoga sessions
Who said yoga sessions have to be at least an hour long? Sure, it makes sense for yoga studios and gyms, but there is no law that says you can’t practice for a short amount of time. It can be difficult to set a whole hour aside if you lead a busy lifestyle. And that doesn’t even include commute time, changing, shower, post-yoga chatter etc.
A more realistic approach would be to fit a shorter yoga practice into your day. Lunch break at work? Do a 20-minute stretch. The baby is taking a nap? How about a half-hour flow. Woke up before everyone else? A 5-minute breathing session. Best of all, having a shorter practice does not detract from its benefits!
Set a reminder
If you struggle to fit yoga into your schedule, try setting an alarm on your phone. This may sound silly, but it works. As women, we often prioritize our countless responsibilities, whether it’s childcare, housework, errands, or business. By the time we are done, we are too tired for yoga.
Here’s a little secret: it never stops unless you stop it. There will always be another dish to wash, another room to tidy, another homework to check, another invoice to email. By setting an alarm, you are essentially setting time for yourself. The rest can wait.
One of the reasons you may be struggling to do yoga is lack of motivation. Even if you know that yoga makes you feel better, it can be hard to commit to practice. Although it can be argued that the mental and physical benefits of yoga are a reward in itself, it doesn’t mean you can’t sweeten the deal.
You could reward yourself in small ways after each practice, or set long-term goals for more significant rewards. For example, you could indulge yourself with your favorite snack, a glass of wine, or a small online purchase as an immediate reward. Alternatively, you could aim to complete a number of yoga sessions, or practice for a number of weeks. As a reward, you could treat yourself to a spa day, a more expensive item of clothing, or a babysitter for a night, so that you can go out with friends.
Being busy will always be an issue for many of us. We have to find ways to make time for some self-love and that includes exercise. So, whatever you are into whether it’s cycling, jogging, or yoga… just remember to schedule a session for yourself a few times a week.
As a final note and in case you’re a Legally Blonde movie fan like me, remember that the great Elle Woods once said, “Exercise boosts endorphins and endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don’t kill their husbands.” And with that, I hope you had a giggle! Happy Yoga Planning 🙂
Like this post?
Become a Permanent Reader of Ours…
READ POPULAR POSTS HERE
- Health & Wellness Hacks To Keep You Fit And Pain-FreeAffiliate Links If you’re searching for easy-to-do health and wellness hacks to keep you fit and pain-free, then this quick guide is for you! by Troop Atomic Mommy This post contains affiliate links. To learn more about affiliate links and how they work, please read our Affiliate Disclaimer HERE. Being able to take steps to
- 6 Ways To Improve Your SmileAffiliate Links Your smile tells the world the type of person you are, so it only makes sense to have a great smile ready. Here are 6 ways to improve your smile! by Troop Atomic Mommy This post contains affiliate links. To learn more about affiliate links and how hey work, please read our Affiliate
- Cultural Weathering And How It Affects MinoritiesAffiliate Links Are you showing negative biological signs from dealing with racism? If you’re not sure, read this guide about cultural weathering. by Andrea Smith | Andrea Smith is a mother of two living in Delaware County, Pennsylvania. She is an avid blogger on her site The Write Gurl, and finds joy in knitting and
- How To Design Your Home GymAffiliate Links Are you tired of paying monthly gym fees, only to never actually go to the gym? With this guide on how to design your home gym, you can finally cancel your gym membership! by Troop Atomic Mommy This post contains affiliate links. To learn more about affiliate links and how they work, please
- 3 Medical Conditions To Keep In CheckAffiliate Links As we age, our bodies can develop negative medical conditions. These can go undiagnosed, so here are 3 medical conditions to keep in check. by Troop Atomic Mommy This post contains affiliate links. To learn more about affiliate links and how they work, please read our Affiliate Disclaimer HERE. Major advances in healthcare