Yoga Lifestyle Tips for Busy Moms and Businesswomen
Every busy mompreneur deserves time to exercise, stay healthy, and get some stress-relief. Yoga is just the workout to get you there! Here are some ways you can fit yoga into your schedule.
Do yoga at home
If you’re a woman with many responsibilities, taking lessons at a yoga studio can be difficult. You have to work around their class schedule, figure out a way to get there, allow extra time to change your clothes, set up your mat, pay for the class etc. You might be going straight after work, in which case you need to make sure you have all the necessary clothing and equipment packed before you leave the house. If you’re a mom, you likely need to arrange childcare.
Thankfully, these days there are many online resources that make yoga more accessible. You can book a live class, practice along with a YouTube tutorial, or use your favorite yoga app. It saves you a lot of time and a lot of hassle. Depending on the resource, it may even save you some money!
Short and sweet yoga sessions
Who said yoga sessions have to be at least an hour long? Sure, it makes sense for yoga studios and gyms, but there is no law that says you can’t practice for a short amount of time. It can be difficult to set a whole hour aside if you lead a busy lifestyle. And that doesn’t even include commute time, changing, shower, post-yoga chatter etc.
A more realistic approach would be to fit a shorter yoga practice into your day. Lunch break at work? Do a 20-minute stretch. The baby is taking a nap? How about a half-hour flow. Woke up before everyone else? A 5-minute breathing session. Best of all, having a shorter practice does not detract from its benefits!
Set a reminder
If you struggle to fit yoga into your schedule, try setting an alarm on your phone. This may sound silly, but it works. As women, we often prioritize our countless responsibilities, whether it’s childcare, housework, errands, or business. By the time we are done, we are too tired for yoga.
Here’s a little secret: it never stops unless you stop it. There will always be another dish to wash, another room to tidy, another homework to check, another invoice to email. By setting an alarm, you are essentially setting time for yourself. The rest can wait.
One of the reasons you may be struggling to do yoga is lack of motivation. Even if you know that yoga makes you feel better, it can be hard to commit to practice. Although it can be argued that the mental and physical benefits of yoga are a reward in itself, it doesn’t mean you can’t sweeten the deal.
You could reward yourself in small ways after each practice, or set long-term goals for more significant rewards. For example, you could indulge yourself with your favorite snack, a glass of wine, or a small online purchase as an immediate reward. Alternatively, you could aim to complete a number of yoga sessions, or practice for a number of weeks. As a reward, you could treat yourself to a spa day, a more expensive item of clothing, or a babysitter for a night, so that you can go out with friends.
Being busy will always be an issue for many of us. We have to find ways to make time for some self-love and that includes exercise. So, whatever you are into whether it’s cycling, jogging, or yoga… just remember to schedule a session for yourself a few times a week.
As a final note and in case you’re a Legally Blonde movie fan like me, remember that the great Elle Woods once said, “Exercise boosts endorphins and endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don’t kill their husbands.” And with that, I hope you had a giggle! Happy Yoga Planning 🙂
Like this post?
Become a Permanent Reader of Ours…
READ POPULAR POSTS HERE
- 4 Tips For Maintaining Your Health And Well-BeingSponsored Your health and well-being matter a great deal and will impact how you function and feel. You must make yourself a priority if you’re going to stay well and have the energy to take care of the ones you love. There are four tips, in particular, that will help you better maintain your health […]
- Busy Mompreneur? | 4 Tips to Fit Yoga Into Your DayYoga Lifestyle Tips for Busy Moms and Businesswomen Every busy mompreneur deserves time to exercise, stay healthy, and get some stress-relief. Yoga is just the workout to get you there! Here are some ways you can fit yoga into your schedule. Do yoga at home If you’re a woman with many responsibilities, taking lessons at […]
- Do You Have a Pre-Menstrual Type? Decode Your PMSby Crystle Harcar – I am a board certified Nurse Practitioner, working in women’s health for the past 14 years. I am passionate about my work in reproductive, prenatal, and postnatal health care. As a nursing educator, I aim to help shape the minds of our future healthcare providers. I have been married to my husband […]
- Things I Learned Post Laparoscopic HysterectomyThe Truth About Recovery It’s been 12 weeks since my laparoscopic hysterectomy and let me say, post surgery has not been easy, but the recovery room was even worse! The recovery room instructions they gave were so vague and in truth, not all that helpful. So, instead of having anyone else go through what I […]
- 6 Causes of Polycystic Ovarian SyndromeDo you suffer with weight gain, facial hair, acne, insulin resistance, dry skin, appetite fluctuations, edema, or any combination of these symptoms? It’s possible that you are suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome, a condition that affects roughly 5-10% of child-rearing aged women in the United States. Polycystic ovarian syndrome is defined as a disorder that […]