Your health and well-being matter a great deal and will impact how you function and feel. You must make yourself a priority if you’re going to stay well and have the energy to take care of the ones you love.
There are four tips, in particular, that will help you better maintain your health and well-being and put you on the right track to living a healthy lifestyle. Not only review these ideas in detail, but then make a plan for implementing these tips in your daily life.
1. Visit Your Dentist
I know… teeth, yikes! A major tip for maintaining your health and well-being is to visit your dentist regularly. Normally, you should aim to go at least twice a year, if you’re able to. Though, I go about 3 to 4 times per year and also bring my children that often as well. Ya never know when a nasty little cavity will pop up and cause some pain!
Skipping or missing these appointments can be detrimental to your health. Missing a basic essential such as an annual cleaning can mean the difference between a great deal of pain and a possible infection. These visits are meant to keep your dental hygiene up-to-date and to bring up any additional concerns. It’s not just about taking care of yourself but your family too.
Often times, it is hard to find a dentist out of your normal area. So, I always have a go-to whenever I travel alone or with my family. Having quick access to great dental care, is very important.
So, if you are ever visiting Colorado or simply looking to switch to a new dentist, check out my Colorado Go-To DaSilva Family Dentistry to keep up with your family’s oral health… especially, if you’re a mom traveller like myself!
2. Visit Your Doctor
I cannot tell you how many times my husband tells me he is in pain, but the second I recommend he go see our primary physician, he hops back up and pretends like nothing is wrong. Visiting your doctor should be an obvious tip to assist you in attending to your health needs. But, more often than not, people leave going to the doctor for the last possible minute.
My husband and I have been together for 13 years, and in those years he’s gone to the doctor about three times in total. The second time he ever went to the doctor was because I wouldn’t stop hounding him to get this one mole on his back checked. It had continued to grow so massive and extremely dark in the center. After eleven years, he finally went to a doctor and it turned out to be skin cancer!
It was removed and since then, there have been no additional scares. The point to this story is that if I had not begged him to get it looked at then he might not be here today. So, go visit your doctor a few times a year for a health & well-being check-up, because you could end up saving your own life.
Visit the Skin Cancer Foundation for more information on moles, signs, and symptoms.
2. Get Daily Exercise & More Movement
Exercise and moving more daily will also help you maintain your health and well-being. It’s not only beneficial for you physically but mentally, too. Exercise is an excellent way to lose extra pounds you may be carrying around and can help you release any negative feelings or emotions you’re experiencing.
Joining a gym is one way to achieve your goal. You can also start running outdoors and enjoy the fresh air. If you have a sedentary job, then it is extremely important to get in more daily movement. You can do this easily by adding extra steps around the office, taking the stairs rather than an elevator, and using your breaks for a mini-walking session.
3. Cook Healthy Meals
Another tip for maintaining your health and well-being is to get in the habit of cooking for yourself at home. I know, we are all very busy. Parenting life consumes us on every level and at times can be overwhelming, so who has any real time to cook?
Cooking healthy requires a bit of prep work and meal prepping is just the tool! You can easily prepare healthy meals that make you feel good and help you stay at your ideal weight by prepping them for the week ahead, each Sunday. When you do this, you will ensure a healthy meal is waiting for you and your loved ones, each and every day.
Plus, when you cook at home you gain more control over portion sizes, the ingredients used, and what you’re putting into your body. You can get the whole family to participate in healthy cooking and meal prepping. It’s a fun activity to do together and gives you a chance to sit down and eat healthy family dinners together each night.
4. Nurture Your Mental Health & Reduce Stress
You may be a busy parent and notice that you feel stressed out most days. In this case, you must find ways to nurture your mental health and reduce your stress. Too much stress and rushing around can take a toll on your physical and mental well-being.
This is where meditating, doing yoga, or going for walks in nature can help keep your stress levels down. An added daily activity to promote mental health and well-being is taking the time to journal your thoughts. Write it down, save it, or throw it in the trash. Journaling helps bring the feelings out of you rather than holding it in.
Another great activity to promote well-being is the practice of gratitude. This is an easy behavior to accomplish and allows you to focus on your blessings instead of what you don’t have. You’ll not only feel great when you nurture your mental health but will be a calmer and more in control parent as well.
Your health and well-being are important factors in determining your lifestyle and whether it is an enjoyable one. Remove the things that bring unhappiness and illness to your life. And remember that your health and well-being are the result of the efforts put into them.
Don’t Miss Our Next Post!
Become a Reader Today
Find the Best Reads Here
- 4 Tips For Maintaining Your Health And Well-BeingSponsored Your health and well-being matter a great deal and will impact how you function and feel. You must make yourself a priority if you’re going to stay well and have the energy to take care of the ones you love. There are four tips, in particular, that will help you better maintain your health […]
- Busy Mompreneur? | 4 Tips to Fit Yoga Into Your DayYoga Lifestyle Tips for Busy Moms and Businesswomen Every busy mompreneur deserves time to exercise, stay healthy, and get some stress-relief. Yoga is just the workout to get you there! Here are some ways you can fit yoga into your schedule. Do yoga at home If you’re a woman with many responsibilities, taking lessons at […]
- Do You Have a Pre-Menstrual Type? Decode Your PMSby Crystle Harcar – I am a board certified Nurse Practitioner, working in women’s health for the past 14 years. I am passionate about my work in reproductive, prenatal, and postnatal health care. As a nursing educator, I aim to help shape the minds of our future healthcare providers. I have been married to my husband […]
- Things I Learned Post Laparoscopic HysterectomyThe Truth About Recovery It’s been 12 weeks since my laparoscopic hysterectomy and let me say, post surgery has not been easy, but the recovery room was even worse! The recovery room instructions they gave were so vague and in truth, not all that helpful. So, instead of having anyone else go through what I […]
- 6 Causes of Polycystic Ovarian SyndromeDo you suffer with weight gain, facial hair, acne, insulin resistance, dry skin, appetite fluctuations, edema, or any combination of these symptoms? It’s possible that you are suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome, a condition that affects roughly 5-10% of child-rearing aged women in the United States. Polycystic ovarian syndrome is defined as a disorder that […]