by Troop Atomic Mommy
This post contains affiliate links. For more information on how affiliate links, please visit my affiliate link policy page HERE.
We all experience aches and pains at times. This is just a part of life – and one that can become increasingly common or persistent as we grow older. Of course, nobody enjoys aching or being in pain, so it’s important that you don’t just ignore it when this happens. Instead, you need to take some active steps towards providing yourself with some relief. Here are a few key steps to take that can help you to get by more comfortably!
Visit a Doctor
If your aches and pains are new, significant, or the result of an accident or injury, you should visit a doctor. This will give them a chance to check you over and determine what is causing the sensations. They may find that there’s a particular cause that can be resolved through surgery or physical therapy. Alternatively, they may find that it’s just a standard experience and part of ageing, and will be able to make recommendations regarding what you should do to reduce negative feelings and sensations related to it.
Use Heating and Cooling Pads
Heating and cooling pads can help soothe aches and pains, providing temporary relief. Many people vouch for them, saying they use them on a regular basis and that they are more than worth investing in.
They can be used during the pregnancy months to keep your aches and pains to a minimum or to soothe your muscles post workout. When your having pre-menstrual cramps and pain medications don’t seem to work, you can use also use heating and cooling pads to help ease the pain. Take a look at these Accurate Gel Packs to get your journey started.
Consider a Massage
Have you ever considered a massage? Usually, massages are associated with luxury spa days, gifts and special occasions. But it doesn’t have to be a special occasion to get a massage.
Instead, if you’re experiencing aches and pains, it’s a good idea to book one for some relaxation and relief. When you go for a massage, a professional massage therapist will use their hands to manipulate the soft tissues in your body. They are likely to focus on your muscles and tendons. You can even guide them in regards to talking about where you’re looking for relief. Common areas to have massaged include the back and shoulders, the feet or a full body massage.
There are various different types of massage that to try out, all of them consisting different pressures, techniques and results. Two of the most popular types tend to include Swedish massage and Deep Tissue massage. Swedish massage is the most popular form of massage in Western countries. This type will see your therapist use long, steady strokes around your neck, back and shoulders. Prepare to feel deeply relaxed if you choose this option! Deep tissue massage is a more intense form of massage, using deeper strokes and friction that can reach deeper layers of your muscles and connective tissues.
These are just a few different suggestions that may help you when you’re experiencing aches and pains. Of course, always consult your doctor before trying any new products or therapy. Remember, it’s important that you contact emergency services if your pain is severe. Hopefully, some of the above information can help to soothe and alleviate mild to moderate aches and pains for you!
Don’t Miss a Beat…
Other Related Posts
- Health & Wellness Hacks To Keep You Fit And Pain-FreeAffiliate Links If you’re searching for easy-to-do health and wellness hacks to keep you fit and pain-free, then this quick guide is for you! by Troop Atomic Mommy This post contains affiliate links. To learn more about affiliate links and how they work, please read our Affiliate Disclaimer HERE. Being able to take steps to
- 6 Ways To Improve Your SmileAffiliate Links Your smile tells the world the type of person you are, so it only makes sense to have a great smile ready. Here are 6 ways to improve your smile! by Troop Atomic Mommy This post contains affiliate links. To learn more about affiliate links and how hey work, please read our Affiliate
- Cultural Weathering And How It Affects MinoritiesAffiliate Links Are you showing negative biological signs from dealing with racism? If you’re not sure, read this guide about cultural weathering. by Andrea Smith | Andrea Smith is a mother of two living in Delaware County, Pennsylvania. She is an avid blogger on her site The Write Gurl, and finds joy in knitting and
- How To Design Your Home GymAffiliate Links Are you tired of paying monthly gym fees, only to never actually go to the gym? With this guide on how to design your home gym, you can finally cancel your gym membership! by Troop Atomic Mommy This post contains affiliate links. To learn more about affiliate links and how they work, please
- 3 Medical Conditions To Keep In CheckAffiliate Links As we age, our bodies can develop negative medical conditions. These can go undiagnosed, so here are 3 medical conditions to keep in check. by Troop Atomic Mommy This post contains affiliate links. To learn more about affiliate links and how they work, please read our Affiliate Disclaimer HERE. Major advances in healthcare