by Troop Atomic Mommy
This post contains affiliate links. For more information on how affiliate links, please visit my affiliate link policy page HERE.
We all experience aches and pains at times. This is just a part of life – and one that can become increasingly common or persistent as we grow older. Of course, nobody enjoys aching or being in pain, so it’s important that you don’t just ignore it when this happens. Instead, you need to take some active steps towards providing yourself with some relief. Here are a few key steps to take that can help you to get by more comfortably!
Visit a Doctor
If your aches and pains are new, significant, or the result of an accident or injury, you should visit a doctor. This will give them a chance to check you over and determine what is causing the sensations. They may find that there’s a particular cause that can be resolved through surgery or physical therapy. Alternatively, they may find that it’s just a standard experience and part of ageing, and will be able to make recommendations regarding what you should do to reduce negative feelings and sensations related to it.
Use Heating and Cooling Pads
Heating and cooling pads can help soothe aches and pains, providing temporary relief. Many people vouch for them, saying they use them on a regular basis and that they are more than worth investing in.
They can be used during the pregnancy months to keep your aches and pains to a minimum or to soothe your muscles post workout. When your having pre-menstrual cramps and pain medications don’t seem to work, you can use also use heating and cooling pads to help ease the pain. Take a look at these Accurate Gel Packs to get your journey started.
Consider a Massage
Have you ever considered a massage? Usually, massages are associated with luxury spa days, gifts and special occasions. But it doesn’t have to be a special occasion to get a massage.
Instead, if you’re experiencing aches and pains, it’s a good idea to book one for some relaxation and relief. When you go for a massage, a professional massage therapist will use their hands to manipulate the soft tissues in your body. They are likely to focus on your muscles and tendons. You can even guide them in regards to talking about where you’re looking for relief. Common areas to have massaged include the back and shoulders, the feet or a full body massage.
There are various different types of massage that to try out, all of them consisting different pressures, techniques and results. Two of the most popular types tend to include Swedish massage and Deep Tissue massage. Swedish massage is the most popular form of massage in Western countries. This type will see your therapist use long, steady strokes around your neck, back and shoulders. Prepare to feel deeply relaxed if you choose this option! Deep tissue massage is a more intense form of massage, using deeper strokes and friction that can reach deeper layers of your muscles and connective tissues.
These are just a few different suggestions that may help you when you’re experiencing aches and pains. Of course, always consult your doctor before trying any new products or therapy. Remember, it’s important that you contact emergency services if your pain is severe. Hopefully, some of the above information can help to soothe and alleviate mild to moderate aches and pains for you!
Don’t Miss a Beat…
Other Related Posts
- 4 Tips That Will Help You Lead A Healthier LifestyleWhen life gets busy, we tend to cut corners on our health and well-being. To get to a better routine with this, you’ll need these 4 tips to help you lead a healthier lifestyle. by Troop Atomic Mommy This post contains affiliate links. To learn more about affiliate links and how they work, please read
- Boost Your Energy With These Amazing WaysDo you find that you don’t have as much energy as you would like to have or feel that you need? Here are 4 ways to boost your energy! by Troop Atomic Mommy This post contains affiliate links. To learn more about affiliate links, please read our Affiliate Disclaimer HERE. If you often find that
- 5 Tips For Boosting Recovery After ExerciseExercise is great for the body, and while it feels good, our muscles can feel quite sore in the days that follow. Here’s 5 tips for boosting recovery after exercise! by Troop Atomic Mommy This post contains affiliate links. To learn more about affiliate links, please read our Affiliate Disclaimer HERE. You probably already know
- I Stopped Drinking Coffee For 3 Weeks And This Is What I LearnedAre you always tired, feel drained, or can’t seem to focus on any one thing? It may be because you’re drinking too much coffee. by Kimberly Pangaro | Kimberly is a mom of four daughters and the owner of the lifestyle parenting media company Atomic Mommy. When she’s not running her company or momming all
- How To Be Naturally Proactive When Suffering From Cold And Flu SymptomsYou don’t need to rely on Big Pharma to help you get through cold and flu symptoms. Instead, try these natural methods to feel better! by Lori Gurtman | Lori Gurtman lives in Aspen, Colorado with her husband, two teenage children, and Old English Sheepdog. Reading and writing are her favorite escape, but when she