Looking for the perfect holiday gift for kids aged 9-12? Check out our curated list of 25 gift ideas that go beyond toys. From books to outdoor adventure gear, coding kits to musical instruments, find the ideal present to cater to their interests and make this holiday season unforgettable.
by Atomic Mommy Editors
Feature Photo by Tima Miroshnichenko on Pexels.com
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. To learn more about affiliate links, please read our Affiliate Disclaimer HERE.
It’s that time of year again… the holiday season where gifts become a top priority before the shelves (digital and in-store) go completely out of stock! And if you’re like the rest of us parents, we always try to get our gift shopping done early so we can’t possibly miss out on great deals.
If this is you, then you’re in the right place. But giving to our kids gets harder with each year they grow. Unfortunately, there comes a time where every kid decides they’re just not into toys anymore, but they’re also not sure what they want because they are not teens and don’t know what to do with cash. Enter the in-between phase – where parents have zero clue of what to buy their kids. Don’t fret! Today’s guide is literally going to help you find the right gift!
Top 25 Gift For Kids
Here’s our list of 20 holiday gift ideas for kids aged between nine and 12 who have outgrown toys but are not yet teenagers:
- Books: Introduce them to exciting adventure novels, mysteries, or fantasy series.
- Science kits: Encourage their curiosity with chemistry sets, microscope kits, or robotics kits.
- Art supplies: Invest in high-quality paints, sketchbooks, or colored pencils for their artistic endeavors.
- Board games: Choose strategic and challenging games that they can enjoy with friends and family.
- Puzzles: Select intricate jigsaw puzzles or brain teasers to stimulate their problem-solving skills.
- Sports equipment: Consider introducing them to a new sport, such as basketball, tennis, or rock climbing.
- Musical instruments: Encourage their love for music by gifting them a guitar, keyboard, or drum set.
- Outdoor adventure gear: Provide camping equipment, a compass, or a bicycle for their outdoor explorations.
- Building sets: Choose advanced construction sets like Lego Technic or magnetic building blocks.
- Photography equipment: Foster their creativity with a digital camera or instant film camera.
- DIY kits: Explore options like jewelry-making kits, woodworking sets, or knitting kits.
- VR Headset: Help the enjoy their games more by giving them the top of the line Meta Quest 3 Headset, and watch them explore virtual worlds.
- Cooking utensils: Equip them with child-friendly cooking tools and recipe books for culinary adventures.
- Subscription box: Opt for a monthly subscription box tailored to their specific interests (e.g., science, art, or puzzles).
- Coding kits: Introduce them to the world of programming with coding kits designed for their age group.
- Magazine subscriptions: Choose educational magazines related to science, history, or hobbies they enjoy.
- Outdoor games: Gift them a set of outdoor games like croquet, badminton, or corn hole.
- Music lessons: Arrange for music lessons to nurture their talents and interests.
- Adventure experiences: Surprise them with tickets for activities like zip-lining, hiking, or indoor rock climbing.
- Charity donation: Teach them the value of giving by allowing them to choose a charity and make a donation on their behalf.
- Concert tickets: Snag some amazing concert tickets to their favorite artist so they can enjoy the music live.
- Theater tickets: Take them to see a broadway show that will give them a look into a new world of entertainment.
- Shopping spree: Some kids enjoy shopping, so gift them with a spree and let them have a little fun with it.
- Visit a Museum: For the history buffs, gift them a one year membership to their favorite museum.
- Cool Tech: New tech gadgets are always coming out, so if your kid is tech-obsessed, grab them a new tech item as a gift, like the new Beats Studio 3 Wireless Headphones.
Remember, these gift ideas are meant to inspire and cater to various interests. Tailor your choice to fit your child’s personality and hobbies to ensure a memorable holiday season!
Stay tuned for our other holiday gift giving guides! Of course, Happy Holidays!